Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust
Management Accountant Job Advert
Full Time – 36 hours per week, 52 weeks
24 days holiday rising to 26 days after 5 years, plus bank holidays
Salary Scale: PO1 £33,324-£35,751
Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust is an established and expanding trust comprising of five Catholic primary schools: in the London Borough of Newham.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for supporting the company’s financial operations working closely with the Chief Finance Officer, school teams and those responsible for governance.
The main responsibilities of the post include accurate financial monitoring and reporting, liaison with Local Governing Bodies, producing accurate accounts and contributing to decisions regarding financial strategy.
The successful candidate will have: –
• an AAT qualification / part qualification (or similar)
• proven experience of working in a finance capacity within a school/organisation
• experience of line management of staff
• strong reporting skills
• confident reporting skills (written and oral)
• strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• well-developed IT skills in financial packages and excel
• a drive to continually improve processes and seek new challenges
• the ability to well under pressure, work accurately with attention to detail, and meet deadlines
• a flexible approach to working
We can offer you:
• excellent opportunities for personalised CPD
• fantastic career progression opportunities
• the Local Government Pension Scheme
• a comprehensive professional support network
• personal welfare package
• easy access by transport and parking available
The position requires working knowledge of accounting disciplines such as financial accounting, compliance reporting and budget preparation as well as systems development and improvement. The ability to be an effective part of a small team is fundamental as is the ability to understand and adhere to protocol. The ability to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines is essential.
The candidate will have the ability to use initiative and demonstrate a positive attitude towards teamwork. The candidate must have the capacity to support procedures and work flow systems which accurately reflect the organisation’s financial operations.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
For an informal chat and to arrange a visit please contact the Chief Accounting Officer, Gael Hicks on 0207 476 1785 to arrange a visit.
The schools in the Academy Trust have a commitment to Safeguarding Children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Applicants are required to complete a CES application form which is available on the website.
Application form and further details please apply on line at http://www.ourladyofgraceacademy.org.uk/ or telephone 020 7476 1785 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not received any notification before the interview date, please presume that your application has been unsuccessful
Closing Date: 12.00 noon on 17th May 2021
Interviews: 24th May 2021
Ideal start date: September 2021